Thursday 6 June 2013

June already??

My oh my, where has the time gone?  Can you believe that half a year has already passed by?  Where did it go?  What have I done?  Did I achieve all that I wanted to so far this year?  What's looking up for the rest of the year?

  1. Gym, Paleo and weightloss
    I started the gym in January 2013 with a weightloss goal of 10kgs by June 18th 2013.  I started personal training 3x a week and switched to a Paleo diet just before Chinese New Year.  So have I reached my goal?  Well, I haven't loss 10kgs but I'm so much more leaner, toner and stronger now.. I've lost inches.. but hey.. muscle weighs more than fat right? :)
    A part of me have let go of the rigidness of weighing myself.. letting myself believe my trainer when he says that the number does not matter.  What matters the most is the body that you're comfortable in.. in any event, he's promised me a bikini body by the end of the year.  And I've been working so hard for it.. only to be thwarted by several factors...

    BEER.... BEER.... BEER....

    If only not for the constant craving of alcohol, would the weightloss be faster.. I don't know what to do about my drinking anymore.. it's getting worst and worst I reckon, with me yearning to go out for a drink almost daily!  I don't know what it is.. but what I need to iron down is why I really drink.. and why I find the need to drink so often.. I think I need to take a break from drinking for awhile.. especially beer.. if I want that flat stomach.. even my personal trainer has said that beer is bad for the gut.. so what's more important to me right now?  Drinking.. or getting that bikini body?

    Unfortunately for me, my personal trainer will be in the country for another 16 weeks.. minus holidays and stuff.. that leaves about 31 hours of lessons left for me to get that body.. I must push it harder ... get stronger.. get leaner... But don't worry, I'll probably continue with another personal trainer when he goes.. I'm not going to stop just because he's no more here.. although it is much to my dismay.
  2. Europe Trip 2013
    Now this I'm really excited for!  I went to Europe before in 2009 with PrincessBling, AlanHarperIsMyIdol and CryptKeeper and that was fun.. but I was still in a haze, not really myself yet.. having just come back from rehab and getting use to life back in Kuching etc.. not to mention clonazepam has a drowsy effect on you.. so anyway.. I'm so excited to be visiting London and Paris again.

    I'm excited because we'll be watching Phantom of the Opera in London, a Cabaret in Paris, the Eiffel Tower and plenty more.. not to mention this time, I've saved up enough of my own money to go on shopping spree in Europe!  Think of all the things I want to get!  Shoes, bags, clothes oh my!

    I'm also excited to be traveling with family who are a great bunch of people to hang out with.. and I know we'll have fun eating, drinking and shopping our way through Europe.
  3. Bintulu Trips
    I'm pleased to announce here that I'm no longer required to go to Bintulu again for payroll purposes.  I think I'm going to miss it though.. all the traveling..hopefully I'll get to go back one day again.. but not anytime soon!
  4. Studying
    Yes, I've started studying again for admission into Harvard MBA course.  But first, I have to take the General Management Admissions Test (GMAT) before I send in my application form.  I plan to take my GMAT in October and do my application form right after that.. I've set myself a target of 700/800 points so I'm studying pretty hard to achieve that.  It's so nice to find something so inspiring again after a long time and I'm getting excited about studying for it.  Just the thought of getting accepted is daunting and scary but imagine the pride I'll feel if I get accepted!

Well, come to think of it, I haven't achieved much in this half year.. but if you think about it, I've achieved so much in terms of health (mentally and physically) and that's the best I can probably spend most of my energy on.  So what's the rest of the year looking like?  


Well, there'll still be studying for the GMAT, then focusing on producing the best application form I can to Harvard, Stanford, London Business School and University of Bath.  

There's still ongoing training to keep the body that I shall have, a change in lifestyle I hope.. 

Then there's marathons (10km runs to be exact) that I'm participating in this year, starting with the first one being Spring Live Active Run on the 16th June 2013 (just before Europe!), followed by Borneo Marathon in KK in August, then the Penang Bridge Run in November, and possibly the Standard Chartered Run in Singapore in December.

Lastly.. there's the wish to travel.. I definitely want to go back to San Francisco for at least 3 weeks and head down to Lake Tahoe and bunk with my besties there :), I want to make a trip to Melbourne, Sydney and Christchurch at the end of the year (or next year), I want to make a trip to Vietnam in the near future to visit Phong's family again and I would probably make a few more trips to Singapore before the end of the year.

Overall, I think life is good.  I've definitely been blessed to have all these experiences in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment