Sunday 14 April 2013

Where do you run to?

I've been so stressed out lately that's it's showing physically.. my face is popping out in zits (like huge ones!!!) and I'm missing a certain monthly occurrence.. which is kinda weird since I'm taking OCP.. which means that it's SUPPOSE to come!  That's making me even more stressed out.. 

I think I'm a highly strung person.. I mean.. what on earth has gotten me so stressed out?  Well, as per my previous post.. my colleague is causing major headache with her reaction to getting a pay cut.. which is leaving me so worried that the Labor court will actually make a case against us and we'll have to go to court.. although I shouldn't be that worried because I didn't break any Labor Ordinance Rules.  I mean even LK (lawyer) has assured me that I followed the books.. so why is my mind telling me to be worried?  In any case, I've registered mailed her non-confirmation of contract letter, and today is her day back from leave and she's not in the office.  2 days of this and it's grounds for termination due to non-conformance.  Win win situation either way.  So why am I so stressed out about it?

So where do you run to .. to escape from everything.. well, I ran to Singapore!  A last minute 2 night trip there to escape from my current life.  What a well needed break it was.  And since I'm known to self-destruct when things get tough.. PrincessBling didn't allow me to go to Singapore by myself, so guess who decided to tag along.. PrincessBling and hubby!  We flew out Friday night and checked into Mandarin Orchard Road hotel at 11pm.. then it was straight out to the nearest pub for a few drinks.. we ended up at Brotzeit at Sommerset 313.. where we polished of 1 beer (me) and 3 bottles of wine in approximately 2 hours.. Brotzeit shuts its doors at 1am.  I went back to the hotel feeling happy and buzzed.. next day we went to Wild Honey for brunch.. where I had bacon and eggs.. omg.. it feels so good to be eating Western breakfast again.  Can't get good bacon in Kuching.. let alone proper Western meals!  Lunch was at Malones (Irish pub) and tea time was at KPO (more drinks).. before going to dinner at The Prime Society in Dempsey.. where I had a succulent piece of ribeye 300gm.. which was way more than I could handle.  The brussel sprouts with bacon that I ordered as a side was divine!  Love brussels sprouts.  We moved on to Wine Connections after that for a few more bottles of wine before calling it a night... again, was so buzzed and happy.. and not thinking about anything.  Next morning.. we went for Dim Sum at Crystal Jade Palace in Takashimaya.. then went about doing some last minute shopping before finally heading to the airport and coming back to Kuching.

It was a well needed break for me.. just to get away from the norm.. I can't really explain it.. but I felt like going somewhere where I was totally anonymous and could lose myself in the crowd without having to think about all my troubles... all my stresses.. 

There is one more thing that is causing me stress, and that's dealing with heartache.  I never felt this way before .. and it's depressing.. but I saw a saying today that says "Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows".. and that's true.. see, there's this guy I like.. but the feelings not returned.. and I don't know how to react.. because I never felt this way for a guy before.. on the plus side.. I've finally let down my walls that I've built for so many years and I've allowed myself to fall in love.. but if this is the feeling you get .. I might just build up my walls again... how do you get passed this?  "Many more fishes in the sea" I'm told.. but how do you catch without a fishing rod?  Man I've got so much to talk with my psychologist.. she'll be proud that I've come this far though .. but how do you let it go?....

3 comments:

  1. Catch with net. Rod only catch one but net can catch plenty. Nod nod nod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL.. right now.. at the rate I'm going.. think my fishing net got big hole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to catch fish without a fishing rod - for a moment I was like huh? Sound so pervy catch fish with a "rod" like you need a dick or something ROFL!!! Just think of him as a stepping stone that helped you put your walls down. So finally when you meet Mr Right, you'll be perfectly read for a relationship! And without sounding like a broken record, you know you deserve better right?

    ReplyDelete