Friday 23 August 2013

Glamour Photo Shoot!

A few months ago, we were asked by Prestige Magazine if they could do a feature on us four sisters.. why.. hell yeah.. of course we would do it!  The deal just got better when they said that we would be draped in Bulgaria jewellery!  But what on earth are they going to feature us about?  No idea.. but anyhow, we booked our tickets to KL and arrived one day early just to we can get prepared, do some shopping..and get a good night's sleep to avoid those eye bags! hahaha

Anyway, we got there on Wednesday.. firstly, they cancelled our 7.45am flight and pushed us onto the 7.15am flight.. super tired when we arrived in KL.. hopped on the cab which took us to J.W Marriott where we would spend our night.  Since our room was not ready (and who'd expect it to be at 10am?) we went to Pavillion and had breakfast at The Loaf.. square eggs on toast anyone?  Then we walked about Pavillion.. went to have a hair wash and manicure (I straightened my hair and got french tips done) .. buying beige panties because I forgot that we would be dressed in white.. when we stopped at Shanghai Tang.. and realized that the store was closing down.. SALES GALORE!  I got a cashmere jacket for a mere RM600!  Then it came time for dinner.. we went to a Japanese restaurant, which was kinda of a let down.. it looked so fancy and the food was just mediocre.. after dinner, we walked around some more.. and headed back to the hotel room at 10pm when all the shops were closing for the day.  Was so tired I crashed after taking a shower.

Next day, we had buffet breakfast.. careful not to eat so much as to not show a stomach bulge in the photos..and went to The Ritz Carlton Residences PENTHOUSE where the photo shoot was being held.  We met up with Brian who's the editor.. and found out that we're his first cover piece since he only joined Prestige a month ago!  How exciting is that?  Things got started straight away..

Step 1 - The Interview

PrincessBling and I were interviewed together while my other sisters were whisked off to hair and makeup.  That was a fun interview.. it was interesting because while I could just blab on for ages, I had to be careful of what I say because this is going into the magazine.. where thousands of people were going to read it!  I can't simply say anything .. worried that I might offend people, might spill a secret.. etc.. I think I was interviewed for half an hour before it was PrincessBling's turn.

Step 2 - Hair and Makeup

Was whisked off to hair and makeup myself after my interview.. The makeup lady was called Joey and she's really good.. she asked me what I usually wore, and I said I always wear dark.. so we went smokey with super long lashes.. kinda mimicking cat's eyes.  We went brown/gray tones and I absolutely LOVE it.. we went dramatic on the eyes and natural on the lips.  

Hair was being straightened and crimped at the roots to give volume.. I just never realized how much I missed having straight hair!  I think I shall keep it straight from now on.. when I'm at the salon washing my hair!  It still has some of the perm in it.. so when I wash it myself, it tends to go wavy and frizzy.

Step 3 - Clothes

I was given a Bottega Venetta dress to adorn.. it was brown in color and looked really funky.. unfortunately, I likened myself to looking like a tree trunk in it.  It's so heavy that it didn't do much for my figure.  PrincessBling was given a black lambskin DVF dress to wear that looked so good on her.  It was like the perfect fit for her.. damn her and her good body.

Step 4 - Duo photo taking

PrincessBling and I were to take a photo together to showcase on the magazine article.  We took a few shots before deciding that PrincessBling would step infront of me and I would be at the back, giving depth to the picture.  It was fun taking all the different shots, but really soul crushing when they can't find a good enough picture that you keep having to take more and more shots! hahaha

Step 5 - Individual shots

PrincessBling took her individual shot first, a shot showing her back and her face through a mirror.  It was really nice.. I waited in anticipation to see what my shot was.. and guess what?  It's at the corridor balcony.. overlooking the living room where there was this HUGE chandelier hanging there.  Here's a sneak peak of what the shot looks like :)




That's a shot of .. looking away from the camera.  My photo shoot didn't take too long because most of it came out looking really good! :)  Pretty pleased with my picture actually.. and I was draped in a gorgeous looking Bulgaria dangling earrings.  That's why my hair was swept to one side.. to showcase the earrings .. hahaha

Step 6 - Group Shots

We all changed into white outfits for our final group shot.. it's going to be in the middle of the magazine book, so we're seated on the couch smiling at the camera.  Pretty neat.. and the last photo is an 'undercover' shot.. which is basically a behind-the-scenes shot.. so they took a picture of us taking selfies!!





Don't we look gorgeous all of us? :)  It was funny how some people had trouble differentiating PrincessBling and I in that picture.

So that was basically our day at the photo shoot!  10.30am to 4.30pm.. what a long.. but exciting day.  It was definitely a great adventure and I can't wait to see my name in print.  One question posed to me was "What was your ambition when you were young?" and mine was "to be famous".. haha.. cheesy.. but hey.. my name is appearing in a magazine!!!  

I could get used to this....

3 comments:

  1. What??? Where are the actual pictures? LOL how come only got the same 2 pics from FB?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. actual pics will be published in October lah! And I have more pictures but they're on my phone, and I don't have the cable to transfer it to my computer :(

      Delete
  2. At least the brown dress make you look like got big boobs! =P

    ReplyDelete