Thursday 31 October 2013

Its my party and I cry if I want to...

Wow.. I just realised that my last update was wayyyyyyyyy back in August, when we had that photoshoot!  So what has happened since then?  Well, I turned a year older recently so here are the things that I can tuck under my belt as in 'been there.. done that'..
  1. We got published in the October edition of Prestige.. it was aptly titled "The Dar-Lings of Kuching".. isn't that so cute?  There was a gorgeous picture of the four of us in white, that we requested from the publisher to give it to us so we can print it and frame it.  What I loved about the article was reading what your siblings say about each other.. like things I never knew they thought about.. it was really sweet and touching.


  1. Being published in October also meant that it was my birthday month and what better way to celebrate a birthday than by being on a magazine? It was an awesome feeling and it was even more awesome celebrating our birthday together with OktoberFest!  That's right, we combined our birthday and threw an OktoberFest celebration! 

    We organized for 1 liter bottles of Paulaner beers (which came with a 1 liter cup) to be served at our party.. in total we had about 40 liters of beer and 40 mugs.. enough for the 50 or more guests that we were expecting.  And we served up PORK!  Yes.. Germans are famous for their pork.. so why not incorporate that into our party?  There was suckling pig, pork salami, pork ribs.. we were going to do pork sausages as well, but thought there might be a pork overload, so decided against it.

    In the end.. 2 liters of beer was what did it for me.  Totally KO-ed on the floor.. before being unceremoniously kicked awake by PrincessBling and tossed through the front door of the house and having the door slammed behind you.  Ahh.. but what a great night.  Everyone had fun, and the main thing was that most people lost memory .. a sign of a great party!
  2. I attended an awesome seminar in Singapore where it thought me the difference between being a manager and a leader, and I find out that I'm neither at the moment.  That's why I'm now taking steps to become a better manager, and hopefully a leader one day.  I've now decided that I don't want to go to Harvard University.. instead, I want to go back to Christchurch University of Canterbury to take their 2 year MBA course there.

    I would love to go back to Christchurch, to hang out with my friends again and revisit the old haunts.  I looked up the MBA course and it's exactly the courses that I want to take.  Changing others and Leading Change.. I feel that with this MBA course, it will give me the knowledge and strength to run the company the way I feel that it should be run, and not to be a pushover and have people take advantage of me.
  3. Had the time of my life in Singapore during the seminar.  I stayed at Shangri-La Hotel at Orange Grove and the hotel.. let me say.. was excellent in service.  I upgraded my room and got free reign of their happy hour deal.. free cocktails and food from 5pm - 7pm daily and free breakfast as well!  It was awesome.. and food was delicious!  In fact, the lunch for the seminar was in the hotel's buffet restaurant.. and omg.. I've never seen such a succulent buffet before in my life.  Food was simply delicious!  It was money well spent!  I must say I made full use of the extra money spent..

I can't say very much has happened.. which is why I haven't blogged in awhile.  Life remains the same for now.. which sometimes is disappointing as I want more.. sometimes I just want to feel the adrenaline again .. the rush of being in a big city.. but at the same time.. I have my friends and family here.. what more could I ask for?  Independence?


On the plus side, the land purchase is finally done.. I'm the proud owner of a landed property.  I've got big ideas for it.. which firstly includes demolishing that monstrosity of a house!  But I'm in no rush to get a house.. so I'll let PrincessBling and husband do theirs first, before coming up with a design that will compliment their house (our lands are by each other).  But if I want my independence, there's nothing stopping me from building a one storey loft for myself at the moment :)

Well, I hope that I'll have more interesting news to post on my blog in the near future.. there's plenty of things coming up: Standard Chartered 10km run, Langkawi New Years Eve, Christmas Day.. I can't wait for it all...

In the meantime though.. Happy Halloween!!!!!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment