Wednesday 6 June 2012

Parent's 37th Wedding Anniversary

My parents have enjoyed 37 years of holy matrimony and I'm so inspired by their love for each other.  I hope that my marriage would last as long as theirs!

I decided to throw a 'surprise' 37th Wedding Anniversary party for them at Heritage Restaurant, with menu comprising of Sio Tu, Sharks fin soup, Cantonese noodles and of course, dessert of Korean pancake!  Why did I put quote marks around 'surprise'?  Well, it started out as a surprise.. it just didn't end as a surprise.. hahaha.. I had to tell them that I booked a table at the restaurant and straight away they asked 'who did you invite'... so I guess they realized it's a party!

Well, naturally, it was time for me to get my pretty on!  I decided to wear my red Herve Ledger dress which I so love because it's a bandage dress and it sucks all the fat in.  Put together with my Sereni and Shentel head band and my falsies and I was ready to go!
If you're wondering why I always line the inside of my eyes in silver, I find that this gives more depth to the make up and makes my eyes look bigger :)
 
Check out that length of my falsies!

Dinner was a success, with 30 people.  Few latecomers but that didn't spoil the mood of the dinner at all.  We ate til our hearts content.. I of course was ready to attack the Sio Tu as it came!

The finishing touch to the dinner was a two-tiered red velvet cake that we had a friend make to mark the special occasion.
Isn't it gorgeous?  The decoration and frosting was all made out of cream cheese, and the cake was so delicate and moist.  An overall success.. I shall get this friend to do all my cakes from now on!

After 37 years, I'm glad my parents still have love for each other, and the sparkle in their eyes will always remind me of it.  I love you mum and dad!  Happy Anniversary!!!

1 comment: