Monday 18 June 2012

SPRING LIVE ACTIVE RUN

So I've been absent on this blog for a short while now.. mainly because I've been busy exercising for the Spring Live Active Run! Since my last blog on the Sundown Marathon, I have been addicted to Marathon's.  I love the thrill of finishing a good run.. to be rewarded with a medal after (hey.. every effort deserves a reward!)

So on 17th June 2012, I participated in the Spring Live Active Run.  Now, I only joined the 5km fun run as I signed up before the Sundown Marathon and wasn't feeling particularly confident about doing such a long run.  But after the Sundown, I couldn't wait for this marathon!  I was so excited!  I woke up bright and early (or should I say dark and early!) at 5.30am and got into my running gear and made my way down to The Spring shopping mall.  I was genuinely happy to see many other runners already down there raring to go.

Flag off was at 7.30am for the 5km fun run.. and there were around 600 participants there.  Oh the exhilaration of being in such a big group.. it's kinda ironic, since I really enjoy the solitude of running alone!  Anyway, off we go and I made my way on that 5km journey.

This is me and Ai Fen Goh after the race, where we both completed the 5km Fun Run.  It was a long journey, with the sun beating down on my face (can you say.. oh no.. PIGMENTATION!) so I was definitely slower than the Sundown Marathon.. infact.. I cleared 5km in an hour.. kinda disappointing when I was hoping for 45 minutes.  But nevertheless.. proud of myself for completing yet another marathon!
Everyday I'm Shuffling....
Here's a picture Jeff Jong took of me crossing the finish line.. wasn't sure why my arm was swung so high.. haha... Just had to run in front of those two couple!

Another great marathon.. next one I've signed up for is the Penang Bridge International Marathon in November 2012.  Can't wait for that.. will definitely be doing the 10km marathon in that one.. so it's time to start practicing!

What you looking at?

1 comment:

  1. 5K and 10K is NOT a marathon. A Marathon is 42K and a Half Marathon is 21K. 5K is Fun Run and a 10K is just a 10K.

    ReplyDelete