Thursday 19 July 2012

Day 4 - Kos

Our first island that the cruise ship stopped at was Kos.  PrincessBling kept wondering why the tour guide kept saying "of Course".. hahaha.. 
We boarded our tour bus and went down to the city center.
The town center was very quaint and quiet (well, maybe it was too early in the morning) and we walked around a bit, before being led to .... a tree.

Now what's so special about a tree?  Damn if I could remember.. hahaha.. I just remember that it's really really really old and is the seedling of another tree that was somewhere else.. but this tree is the national symbol of Kos.


After that, we went to see more ruins (or as my daddy would say.. what.. more rocks???)  This site was beautiful.  And it's the first time that I noticed that Athens was filled with stray cats.  AlanHarperIsMyIdol and CryptKeeper would love it!

Here's a friendly kitty who tried to get some hazelnuts off my mummy.. btw. Athens is known for their hazelnuts.  This cat unfortunately got very disappointed to find that it was a nut and not meat!

When we reached the ruins.. it was breathtaking.  We couldn't resist ourselves ..

Hahaha.. us kids were goofing around pretending to be statues..I thought that this was an awesome picture.. before the whistle blew and we were told to get off the ruins!  That's me on the 2nd column from the right.

It was another hot day, with brilliant blue skies.

And naturally I wanted to get out of the heat as soon as possible.  But we trekked up the ancient stairways and took the leisurely path (covered with trees) back down.. 

It seems that oranges are also an integral part of Greek cuisine.  They're selling it everywhere.. only 1 Euro per glass.. it was nice and refreshing after that trek down!

Another hectic day and I couldn't wait to get back on the cruise.  This is because of this..
Pokies!  Yes.. the ship sailed at 6pm that night, which meant that the slot machines would open 30 minutes after (something about not being able to open when docked due to laws and stuff).. we wanted to play at the tables, but it didn't open til 8pm that night.. 

I love slot machines.. sure way to lose money.. but fun to get jackpots and stuff.. in the end, I lost 100 Euros on the pokies.  BUT.. I made back 75 Euros on the tables playing Caribbean Stud Poker.. PrincessBling taught me the game and it's seriously fun.  I got a flush and earned myself a cool 100 Euros.. it was fun with all us 'kids' at the table.

The cruise was mainly staff with foreign workers.. but I did notice that most were Filipino!  They were fun to talk to and you can hear about their cruise experience and stuff.

From there, we went drinking.. and by midnight was truly exhausted.. and another bottle of wine was opened.. I beat a hasty retreat when everyone had their backs turned! hahahaha

5 comments:

  1. OMG! That was the exact same thing the other members of my aunt's tour group said when they went to Greece/ Turkey on the trip that Ahimi and I missed out on... "Huh? Mai khua batu lah!!!" (aka don't wanna see more rocks lah!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. ya.. there was one lady on our tour group who had enough of batu that she skipped the tour every time and just headed to the nearest air conditioned cafe with Wi-Fi!!

      Delete
  2. What is it about Malaysians and that comment about "seeing rocks" in Greece and Turkey? Our aunt's tour group also told the tour guide "no more batu!" LOL!

    Awwww... Cute kitty! Even cuter that its friendly. If I were there I would probably be too busy trying to play with the cats to listen to the tourguide! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had this really cute picture of the cat on the ground looking up at my mum.. but yeah.. lost that one.. and my mum's like 'you're meowing up the wrong tree!'

      Delete
    2. Daaaammmnnnn! Would have loved to see the cute kitty pic! Awwww!

      Man, such a waste your tour lady just skip the tour and go sit in air con! Wtf! How can anyone not be interested in ruins and ancient stuff! So uncultured. Soooo reminds me of iur japan trip people who didnt care about seeing the sights and kept rushing through everywhere so they could go find stuff to buy and eat! >=o

      Delete