Friday 20 July 2012

Day 6 - Izmir

We start a brand new day in Turkey, the Island of Izmir.  Yes, this part of the cruise took us outside of Greece.  For me, it was really evident that we were not in Greece anymore.. for one.. Turkey is a Muslim nation.. and this was rampant..
Yes.. Genuinely Fake alright.. nice play on words though.  They took us to a pottery factory (haven't we had enough of that in primary school??) and the manner of the saleslady was AGGRESSIVE.. they were really pushy and in your face.. and won't leave you alone til you purchase something.. that's why I kinda stayed away from the salesgirl and slowly moving towards the tour bus! 

We were taken to a leather factory as well where they put on a fashion show.. and then the selling begins.. I was still trying to make up my mind on this leather jacket when the saleslady came and presented the jacket to me in a bag.. well, how do I say "no, I don't want it".. talk about AGGRESSIVE!

We went to see MORE ruins.. this time is Ephesus and it was HUGE!  There were heaps and heaps of people around as you can see in this picture.
Again, another brilliantly hot day.. but these ruins were beautiful.  It was nicely preserved.. even down to an old board game etched into the marble floor!



One fascinating thing was the shared dunny!  Like I didn't know olden day people can stand pooping so close to another person.. in public too!
WHAT THE!  And they sure had small bums back then.. hahaha.. there's water below that flushes all the waste away.. and no.. there were no ancient 'rocks' left behind .. hahaha

We were taken to yet another stadium.. this one could hold 25,000 people!  Amazing isn't it?  And you know what?  The last person to perform at this stadium was Elton John!  It's known for it's awesome acoustics.

Man, everyday was so hot.. I drank more water in one day then I usually do in 3 days!  But it's good to keep yourself hydrated and not suffer from Sun Stroke.. yes.. slip slop slap people!  Can you believe it goes up to 40 degrees everyday??  And it's humid too.. so not only are you sweating buckets, you're getting burnt by the sun too!

But wouldn't have traded this trip for anything else.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I think my aunt took almost the exact same pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness got no ancient "smell" also! haha

    ReplyDelete