Friday 24 August 2012

All Grown Up....

Was catching up with an old friend (12 years of friendship!) at Toms just now.. and we were reminiscing of the great fun that we had in Christchurch when we were studying, and how we were the pillar of rock for each other emotionally and psychically.. I'm just so grateful to have such good friends around me.

Cryptkeeper and AlanHarperIsMyIdol has been my best friends for more than half my life.. we became besties in Primary 4, and I know that no matter what, we'll remain besties til the time I die.. that's cos we've been through ups and downs.. and are still besties after all this time.  Even after catching up with them in person after not seeing each other for years, it's as if our conversation never left from our last conversation.. know what I mean?

I caught up with "Freezer" for lunch and we talked about what our friends are going through now.. second child, divorce etc.. and it's like we've just saw each other the other day (well, technically, I did visit her during Hari Raya..) but the conversation just flowed so smoothly.

Whose going through divorce?  Our friend/fiend :P "Smoocher".. not as in kisses.. but as in one that 'steals' off another.  She's known to me as a slut.. but hey, that's my opinion.  I mean, if you were to sell yourself for free rent, you're a prostitute in my books.  Not to mention 'go home' with your divorce attorney.. what am I supposed to think?

How about second child.. our first friend that I made in New Zealand.. "sweetie pie".. she's awesome.  I remember a time when I was working in Sydney and feeling down in the dumps.. she flew over from Christchurch to keep me company during the weekend.. no questions asked.  I could never ask for more from a friend.  She's having her second child in October, another son.  I can't wait to go visit her next year (or whenever I get the chance to!)

As for Freezer, she's doing really well for herself in Miri.  She got married a year ago and has not looked back since.  It's always been great catching up with her.  Looking forward to our next meeting.. maybe karaoke tomorrow night! hahaha

Friends.. you need them!

2 comments:

  1. Wowwww, harsh, dude! I feel a bit sorry for Smoocher.. =p

    Hey how come your words are highlighted in white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arghhh.. dunno what I did.. can't undo the background color!
      Feel sorry for smoocher? Do me a favor.. don't. :)

      Delete