Wednesday 5 December 2012

Post Marathon Indulgence

When you feel so accomplished completing a 10km marathon, there is no other way to reward yourself, than to indulge a little bit in pre-season shopping.. especially when you're in Singapore... 

I spent the rest of 2nd December 2012 indulging in beer and Prosecco with a dear friend in Singapore, gossiping about everything that's been happening with life and then catching up with another group of friends for Korean BBQ dinner.  It was great fun.

The next day, I hung out with bro and wifey in Orchard road.. where I limped along in the rain (I can't believe he expected me to run in the rain.. hello.. you're lucky I can even walk!) and we went for Ramen dinner.. pretty good considering the fact that I don't really like ramen.. but I was famished.. so I downed the whole bowl.. nice having a hot bowl of soup in such miserable weather.

So anyway, we went limping along the shops, and we stopped at Coast where I found this gorgeous skirt...
Sorry for the really pixelated picture.. but it's a tulle skirt that's really full and soft, slowing degrading in color.. and bonus.. it was 30% off and had my size!  Only disappointing thing is that the top for it was sold out..but after trolling through their website, I'm glad I didn't buy the 'bustier' (as the saleslady called it) that came with it.  I'm so wearing it for New Years.. where we'll be celebrating in 'formal fashion' at Sarawak Club.. 

The other thing I bought was for PrincessBling (don't worry.. she's sooooo paying me back for it) was an Anya Hindmarch clutch that she was after.. and it was gorgeous!  It's gold and really sparkly/blingy.. which is just so PrincessBling that I had to get it for her.
Ain't that like super gorgeous?  This picture does no justice to the 'sparklyness' of the bag though.. and being a tourist, I get to claim back GST, so bonus!  Oh, and I get a 10% discount on it just for being a tourist!  How great is Singapore people?  (to shop.. not to stay!)

I'm glad to say those were my only 2 purchases while spending 5 days in Singapore.  Yes, I have to save money now as we're planning a trip to Paris in April 2013.  How exciting is that?  We're going to crash on our friend's "pre-wedding honeymoon maybe?"  wink wink.. 

I'm proud to say.. there were many things that I itched to buy.. but I didn't.. score one for the shopaholic anonymous club!  (if there ever was one...)

No comments:

Post a Comment