Tuesday 22 January 2013

Next Marathon of the Year

I just signed up for my next marathon, which will be held on 5th May 2013.  This time, the marathon will be held in Kota Kinabalu.. which excites me because I've never been to KK before.  This marathon is called BORNEO INTERNATIONAL MARATHON - THE BEAUTIFUL RUN and I will be participating in the 10km women's run.

Typical rules apply, and you'll get a finisher medal if you manage to complete the run before 2 hours, and at the rate I'm going.. I'm going to try finish it just a little after 1 hour.. hopefully I can do it with Sean's help.

This marathon will be different because PrincessBling will be running with me.. this being her very first marathon.. think she caught the bug after hearing me talk about my running escapades!  Let's hope she doesn't set her expectations too high.. cos 10km is pretty far.. 

I'm excited for this run because of the training that I will do.. I'm excited to see how much better I can run it in this time.. (anything less than 1 hour 40 minutes is an achievement cos I beat my previous time!).

Now KK is a beautiful place (so I've heard) with great beaches and seafood!  I'm in for the seafood! haha.. not too fond of snorkeling and stuff like that because:
  1. Fish bites
  2. Water is cold
  3. It's boring....
So you can see my aversion for snorkeling and water sports.. I just can't stand the cold!!!  I did snorkeling for the first time in Langkawi in 2010.. lets just say I was out of that water in 10 minutes and sun baking on the sand instead!

Well, let's hope my training does well and I reach my goal.. then it's off to the next marathon and who knows.. maybe I'll be completing my very first 21km (half marathon) goal by the end of this year!

Exciting....

 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! I'd like to see you leave PrincessBling in the dust... mwa ha ha

    After I did scuba diving I thought never e-e-e-ever again!!!! Something super freaky and unnatural about breathing through your mouth and agree - HATE the cold water! But it sure wasn't boring - so beautiful... in a freaky way. LOL. Snorkelling is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha..yup.. the plan is to leave PrincessBling in the dust :)

    Hahaha.. it's beautiful.. but boring.. guess fishies don't do it for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fish bites!!! ROFL!

    I am truly impressed at your dedication to your marathons! =) Wah, so healthy also!

    Do you think you can take pics for your blog while on your run? It is supposed to be "beautiful" after all! LOLLLL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes.. fishies do bite!!! I swear.. damn little nippers! (ROFL.. please don't say that in chinese accent and think I'm saying something else...)

    Yes.. dedication to my marathon... I shall take picture at the 9km mark just for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete