Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Should all acquaintance be forgot and never brought to light.. 

Hmm... at least I think that's what the lyrics says.. haha.. I'm not to sure but that's what I've been singing all this time!  So yes.. the year 2012 has come to an end.. Mayan calendar was wrong and we're all still alive!  Woohoo!!!!  So how did I spend NYE?  Well, I ate at the Sarawak Club, and I partied at Aaron's place.. hahaha.. this is how it went..

One group of friends were partying at Sarawak Club where we had purchased 2 tables (20 tickets) so we went there for a meal.  The theme was 'The Great Gatsby'.. for those that don't know, it's an American book that is set in the 1920's.. GREEEAAAATTTTT.. what sort of theme is that?  At least make it more clear and defined.. but after some research.. it's discovered that 1920's mean lotsa feathers and fascinators and pearls Oh My!  Ohhhh.. no problem.. so after rummaging through my closet, I found a tube top from Guess that I love, and my new Coast skirt that I got recently in Singapore... another rummage through Jo's closet unveiled a pretty cool headpiece.. put that together with false lashes and some pearls and I was ready to P-A-R-T-Y!
I don't know if I looked vintage enough.. I think the head piece finished off the look for me.  This is me standing with my Aussie nephews and Valery.  All dress to the nines.. or should I say.. twenties! Tee Hee Hee.. okay, corny jokes aside.. they looked like real time mafia.. with a hat and suspenders.. thought that they looked pretty cool.
PrincessBling wore here 'flapper' dress which sooooo suited the era.. thank goodness she had somewhere to finally wear it to!  She looked gorgeous in it.

 Finally, here's a picture of my gang in Sarawak Club.. from left to right, that's Koko, Mie Mie, Lee Kiat, me, Sean Chin, PrincessBling, Mary Anne, Phoebe, Valery, Rivea and Simon.  This folks, is the HH gang.  Thank goodness I wasn't too drunk yet when this photo was taken! hahah  Folks will clearly remember that by the same time in 2011, I was dancing on the stage.

Anyway, it was a fun night.. food was okay.. though kudos to them for serving lobster and oysters.. they had a lucky draw with 10 winners, and I am proud to say that my table won 2 prizes.. Simon won a dinner for 10 at Sarawak Club Hornbill Restaurant worth RM300.00, and I.. (yes.. wasn't my ticket, but I went up via proxy) managed to get myself a free bottle of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc wine.  It was funny, because you had to pop a balloon to win a prize (AFTER your ticket number has been called).. and I was the last one called.. so what are the odds of me getting a balloon?  0 to none!  After 3 miserable tries, Donna Wee finally said 'why don't you go closer?' and I took that oppurtunity to walk right up to the balloon.. and POP that damn thing! hahaha

We left at around 11pm, went home to change for Aaron's casual house/pool party.. we got there about 15 minutes to spare (none of us knew the way, luckily we didn't get lost!) and there was such a cute Golden Retriever in the compound (neighbour's dog I think) that was so friendly... albeit a little smelly.  Okay.. VERY smelly.. we rushed into the house.. prepped ourselves with drinks, and ushered in the New Year with shouts of Hooray and Hugs!  Thus.. the end of 2012..

Watched a few people set off fireworks, but it was raining.. and of course it's nothing like those you see in Sydney and Melbourne.. or even in Taiwan and Dubai.. no.. these were set of from people's backyards.. not sponsored for by the Government.. hahaha.. which is too bad.. would have love to see a fireworks show.  Finally got home at around 2am.. all happy and ready to pass out.

New Year Resolution:
1. Lose 10kgs by June, 20kgs by December
2. Cut down on drinking.. only go HH once a week
3. Be nicer to nieces and nephews...

And last but not least.....

4. Live life to the fullest and stop dwelling in the past.. things happened for a reason.. learn from that and grow from it.  Walk towards the light, do not cower in the shadows.  Live!

4 comments:

  1. Really like your sister's headpiece (had written "hair piece" then realised oops I think that's... wig!!! hahaha)

    The guy's hat and suspenders and Valery's do = totally Underbelly Razor (in the 1920-1930s too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.. woulda probably worn a short wig if I could find one.. much more 20's.. hahaha

      Delete
  2. That is Sarawak Club?!!!!! Dun think I would've recognised it if you didn't tell me!

    Great costumes! LOL dang MikhaelfBlue stole the comment before I could write it - you guys look so Underbelly Razor! XD I really like PrincessBling's flapper dress (never knew got name for it some more)!!!

    HAIRpiece.... O_O .... .... ROFLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. it's the flapper period.. not sure if it's called a flapper dress or not :P

      That's Sarawak Club Hornbill restaurant!!! Doesn't look different, just more decorations up!

      Delete