Sunday 6 January 2013

Personal Training - Day 1

So I started my new year resolution of losing 10kgs by June 2013 by starting my workout regime with a personal trainer.  I warmed up first, going to the gym on Saturday and Sunday.. doing cardio workout.. before plowing into the hardcore stuff...I arranged my training session at 12.30pm lunch time because that's the only time where Sean (my PT) has any availability.. he's that popular!

Here's how it went for the last hour..
1) 4 minutes on the elliptical warming up... hmm.. not bad.. not bad at all..
2) We moved up to the weights room, where I started some resistance training with bands.. first working my upper arm muscle.. then my quad muscle..
3) Then onto some lunges, my ultimate enemy...and bicep training.. 5 reps of 8 each...
4) Then it was onto the floor for upper quad (gluts) training.. and more bicept training.. 5 reps of 8 each.. 
5) Who wouldn't be half dead after step 4.. but nooo.. keep going.. so next.. we went on the funny machine where I had to swing myself front and back.. only 3 reps because my palms became sore and I couldn't grip anymore..
6) Then we went to this crazy machine where you place your forearm on it.. and pretty much use your lower core muscle to pull your legs up.. first I had to do 10 seconds of holding myself there (manage to cut it down to 5 seconds!) Then pull my legs up 8 times!
7) Then came the killer... 4 minutes on the elliptical.. where you do 20 seconds slow.. then pound it for 10 seconds.. then 20 seconds slow.. and pounding it for 10 seconds.. 
8) This comes the nice part.. where all I do is lie down and he stretches my muscles for me... AHHHH.. felt so good to have the muscles stretch after a hard workout.

Overall calories burnt?  I reckon about 500 Kcals today.. how did it go?  I booked myself for another training session for Wednesday 9th January 2013... woohoo I love the pain.. after all, it goes.. NO PAIN... NO GAIN!!!!!  And this time, I want to lose the weight healthily.. to make sure that it doesn't come back again even on days where I indulged myself.

As Sean has put it .. it's a lifestyle change.. and I'm ready to change my lifestyle.. to be happy with my body and myself.. 

I can't feel my arms right now.. and I tripped twice going up the stairs after the session.. but I feel that it'll all be worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment