Sunday 27 January 2013

Paleo Diet - Week 1

It's been a week since I started this Paleo diet.  To recap, Paleo diet pretty much cuts out all carbs, dairy and legumes.. so no rice, no noodles.. just meats and lotsa vegetables!  So how did it go?

Well, firstly, giving up noodles is a big deal for me.. I mean.. I'm Asian.. how to go without my daily fix of Kolo mee or Laksa?  Am I crazy for doing this Paleo diet?  I'm not a big rice eater but I love pasta (fear food).. I'm a noodle person.  In fact, when I first started training at the gym, I told my PT that there was no way I'm giving up noodles... so dear readers.. what on earth am I doing getting on the Paleo diet track???

Soooo.. after a week of absolutely no noodles and rice.. I've lost another kg!!  How awesome is that?  That's 2 kgs in about 3 weeks.. a little slow for my liking though.. I wish the weight would just evaporate instantly! hahaha.. but that's the thing.. it's not really a diet cos I'm not cutting down on food intake.. I still eat as much as I use to.. which means.. starting week 2 of the Paleo diet, it's time to cut down on intake.  I have given myself another 2 weeks to lose an additional 2 kgs.. Just in time for Chinese New Year.. where I'm sure I'll gain back about half the weight I lost! hahaha

 What do I eat each morning now then?  Well, I have soup with meat and lotsa bean sprouts.. technically I can even have Laksa without the noodles.. substitute it with bean sprouts, like what my PT does.. but yeah.. coconut cream is just as fattening so I'm avoiding that! 

Do I crave for noodles?  Sure I do.. I stare at PrincessBling with jealousy each day as she gobbles up her morning noodles and I sit pitifully drinking my soup... but the thing is.. I feel so much lighter and less bloated without the noodles sitting in my stomach like a lump of coal.. it's actually so much healthier without the noodles.. and I don't feel as full as well.

How long am I planning to go Paleo?  Until I reach my goal weight I suspect.. but I do let myself cheat once in a while :)  Who can resist the odd chocolate now and then??  But for now.. no noodles for me.  I suspect a big cheating session coming up on Chinese New Year though.. and unfortunately for me, I have not been able to go without beer for a period longer than 4 days so far.. so I still get my carbs from there.

But after Chinese New Year, who knows.. Paleo could be the new way of life :) 

1 comment:

  1. Great.. now I feel guilty about eating noodles.. cause damn I feel bloated as hell right now!!

    ReplyDelete