Sunday 6 May 2012

Airplane Companion 4

Is it 4 already?
The flight to Manila was uneventful, as I sat next to my sister.. but on the flight back, I had the pleasure of traveling business class.. and the day was full of disasters already...

Our flight was at 7.50am.. so we organized for a hotel limo to take us to the airport at 5.30am.. so when we rocked up at 5.20am, we got shocked face because "you cancelled it".. sigh.. they made a mistake in the booking, and when we were fixing it the night before.. I made it clear that NO, we did not want the 6pm car (if mean.. we were no more in Manila!).. we want the 5.30AM car.. okokok.. yes maam.  Imagine my shock to find out that they cancelled the 5.30am car and left the 6pm booking... 

So anyway, we FINALLY got a car at 6am.. and my sis.. pretty much screamed at the driver to get us to the airport in 15 minutes.. which he did.. and very nearly killed us all.. I mean he did it all.. running through red lights, driving on the curb.. thanks Jo.. thanks ALOT.. 

Now Manila Airport Terminal 1 was voted the WORST AIRPORT 2011.  Great right?  There was absolutely nothing in the airport.. and the Golden Lounge was on the OTHER side of the airport from our boarding gate.. so I didn't even get to utilize it.

Anyway, was so tired that I fell asleep the minute we boarded the plane.. only to wake up at 8.30am to find out that we haven't even taken off yet.  Not sure why, but we ended up taking off at 9am.  When we got to KL.. we headed straight to the Golden Lounge (thank you Gold Enrich Class!) and had a good meal and rested.. 

Then we boarded our flight to Kch on time.. YAY.. at 2pm.. we were supposed to land at 3.45pm.. only to find that Kuching was having a heavy downpour.. so we circled for 15 minutes.. only to be told that the rain was not easing.. so we had to divert and land IN SIBU!  We were there for half an hour.. before taking off again and finally .. finally landing in Kuching at 5.15pm.  I was never so happy to be home.

Naturally.. since I was in Business class.. I made a total pig out of myself.. eating every meal provided.. by dinner.. I wasn't even hungry.. and decided to skip it altogether.

Worst thing about the flight?  Snoring Sam.. who sat on the row behind me.. fell asleep from the moment we took off from Manila.. and snored the entire way to KL... like serious mouth wide open snorting growling snore.  I pity the poor guy who sat next to him.. felt like throwing a spitball in his mouth or something.. hahahahaha

But yeah.. that was my flight experience.. thank goodness I was in Business Class :)

No comments:

Post a Comment