Sunday 6 May 2012

Shopping in Manila

Unfortunately, I wasn't very interested in shopping in Manila.. there was nothing that I needed to buy.. and things weren't exactly cheap!  But we did get to walk around.. and lookie what I spy..
Beer for a Crumpler bag!!!  No idea what they meant .. does that mean I get to buy a Crumpler bag with beer.. or do they mean I get a beer for donating a Crumpler bag?  Anyway.. anything with beer as currency can't be that bad!


We ended up going to the Mall of Asia.. which was big.. but somewhat lacking a 'wow' moment when we visited it.
It wasn't very hmm.. what's the word.. classy :P it was suited for the demographics I guess.. 

Oh.. how we got to Mall of Asia?
A Jeepney!  That silver car in the picture.. it's like a hop on hop off bus.. and I'm just kidding.. no way would I sit in the back of a jeepney.. it's like sucking 3 cigarettes in a course of 10 minutes.  But that's how the local travels.. and it's not a rare sight to see a jeepney packed to the max.. like the one above.  But they're everywhere.. some even immaculately decorated.. but we were going too fast.. I couldn't take any nice pictures..  


Next day, we went to GreenBelt shopping mall.. which was fancier.. but still wasn't interested.. so we had a Japanese dinner.. where I had a really nice Lychee Saketini.. and then we walked around and went back to the hotel where we had to wake up at 4.30am the next day to catch our flight.


The things about shops in Manila is that it's nothing that I can't find in Kuching.. so it wasn't very appealing to me.  That, and I had a grand total of 6000 Pesos (about RM500) in my wallet.. didn't want to spend it! hahaha


I'll end with my Porky meal.. something that is a must in Manila, where Pork is their staple.  PrincessBling would be in heaven..


Sorry.. didn't know how to rotate the picture :P

No comments:

Post a Comment