Sunday 14 October 2012

9 More Days to Go!!!

Yups, 9 more days to go til I fly off to San Francisco!  I'm so excited.. it hasn't actually dawned on me until the weekend that I'm flying off next week.. I thought I still had like 3 weeks to go or something.. I'm telling ya, time just flew by this year.. it's coming to the end of the year and next thing you know, it'll be 2013!!  And you know what's coming up soon?  MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!  ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... I'm not going to write down my age though.. but lets just say it's the dawn of a new era.. sigh.. 

What will I be doing?  PrincessBling and I have discussed it and we've booked dinner for ourselves at a Steakhouse that's near to her place.. dinner will be intimate, just her, me and her hubby (I think).. but for my Kuching peeps who will not be there to celebrate the day with us, I've organized a sit down dinner at Toms followed by a night of Karaoke!   I've decided to come up with a set menu of:
1) Appetizer - Cream of Mushroom or Caesar Salad
2) Main Course - Fish, Lamb chop or Ribeye steak
3) Dessert - Chocolate Lava Cake
Accompanied by alcohol.. wine preferably.. as it's a fancy dinner.. I figured a quiet one would suit, and I don't feel like celebrating this milestone with a huge bang.. just quietly usher it in.. hahaha.. but then again, Karaoke will make it a night to remember.. 
Currently I have a list of 20 people who will be coming to dinner.  I'm wondering if I should give out goodie bags?

Here's the things that I have achieved this year:
  1. .... can't think of anything
Well isn't that great? Hahaha.. actually, the biggest achievement this year that is still to come is the opening of Activate Lifestyle Corner on 1st December 2012 (tentatively).. the renovation works for the gym is delayed so I might just be in time for the opening of the gym!  Other things I've done this year (notice the switch from achieved to done...)
  1. Went to America again and excelled at snowboarding with no fear
  2. Went to Greece, which is a dream of mine
  3. Went to Japan on a free trip
  4. Ran 10km to complete the marathon in less than 2 hours without any practice or training prior
  5. Ran 5km in the Spring Marathon
  6. Attended the Tatler Ball
  7. Appeared in Tatler Magazine 3 times!
  8. Going back to America for the final time
  9. Became gym-going after a 4 year self-imposed ban :)
  10. Started a blog
Seems short, but a lifetime of memories :)
And now I'll be going on another 10km marathon on 2nd December in Singapore, in one of the biggest marathons organized yearly by Standard Chartered.  Boy am I looking forward to that.. will continue my training in San Francisco, with PrincessBling being my motivator...

I do not plan to put on anymore weight in San Francisco, so the gym is a must do.. no gym = no pig out.. that's all I can say :)

As for our Steak Dinner.. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes...

I can't wait to go!!!!!!!!!!!!  9 more days....

No comments:

Post a Comment