Wednesday 3 October 2012

Countdown!!!

Many things to countdown to now..

1. Tatler Ball!
Hooray.. the day that I've been working so hard towards is finally dawning upon us.. yes.. the Tatler Ball is this Saturday, 6th October 2012.  I'm flying out to KL tomorrow afternoon, after doing my hair at Richard N Iris (@ The Spring Shopping Mall) - hahaha.. how's that for placement advertisement?  Anyway, gonna set my hair in curls and lots of hair spray so it doesn't deflate in like 30 minutes..  and then I'm heading out and arriving in KL at dinner time... I'm alone in KL so I'm not sure what I'll do with myself for dinner.. but I rather have a good nights sleep so I'm alive at the Ball, rather than fly in on the early morning flight on Saturday and be zombied during the ball.

I tried on my dress last night.. and it fits!  Hallelujah!!!  Well, I could only zip it halfway up, but then as I've mentioned, I'm no contortionist.. so I can't really zip it all the way up.. I'll get help for it tonight as I do my final dress fitting.

But Oooo... I'm so excited.. and I just can't hide it.. hahahaha.. 

2. The U. S. of A!!!!
It's no big secret that I'm heading back to USA at the end of this month to celebrate my birthday with PrincessBling.  We've decided on a steak dinner to celebrate the impending doom.. hahaha.. no offense to my friends born in my year who's already celebrated their birthday!  I'm counting down the days til I leave (3 weeks by the way) and I can't wait to see PrincessBling and her hubby again.  Can't wait to eat all the glorious food that I used to chow on when I was working in the States.. Crabs, Steak, buffets.. etc. etc. etc.  Oh I'm gonna get FAT again.. wait.. again?  I haven't even broken out of the 'fat threshold!'

Those are the two biggest things that I can think of at the moment :)

Been away at a seminar learning about minimum wage and minimum retirement age.. from what I learned in my 2 day seminar.. Malaysian politicians are STUPID.. they don't think about consequences.. they just wake up one day with a crazy idea in mind and decide to implement it.  Take for example, the minimum wage for Sarawak is now RM800 per month.  That's pretty high.. say if you're working tables at the restaurant.. usually you'll be paid like RM500 per month or something.. and if you're in a rural area.. it'll be even lower.. how then.. do rural businesses survive?  And what about long time employees who just hit the RM800 threshold?  How are they going to feel that a newbie will come in and be on the same income level as them?  It's not like you can give a pay rise for every single person in the office!  The way I see it, unemployment numbers are going to soar because 
1) Rural areas cannot afford to pay that much, so will limit number of employees
2) Companies will be more vigilant in their recruitment process as they don't want to do a wrong hire
3) People will be more fussy and spoilt for choice.. knowing they will get RM800 for doing NOTHING..

So Politicians.. great job you're doing eh?  
SURPRISE!!! *snicker snicker*

No comments:

Post a Comment