Monday 22 October 2012

Birthday Celebrations

I celebrated my MILESTONE birthday on 20th October 2012, ahead of my actual birthday which is on the 25th October.  I'll be celebrating my real birthday with PrincessBling in U S of A!  We've already booked us a Steak dinner at a steakhouse that is walking distance from her place, and coincidentally is on the same block as my old apartment!

Dinner was held at Toms Restaurant, which is one of the better Western Cafes in Kuching.. Dinner started at 7.00pm, with the last guest arriving at 7.30pm (fashionably late eh? :p) and the menu consisted of 
1) Appetizer - Cream of Asparagus Soup
2) Entree - Mushroom salad
3) Main course - Lamb chop, ribeye steak or grilled Salmon
4) Dessert - Chocolate LARVA cake (add an 'E' and that would be a rather interesting cake)

I got my hair done at Richard and Iris at The Spring and I totally love the perm that I got.. gave me awesome curls man.  Got home and started the painstaking process to prettify myself.. in other words.. GET MY PRETTY ON!  I decided to go with a Karen Millen dress which I wore for 2011 Chinese New Year.. which golly.. still fits!  A tiny bit snug though.. but it FITS!  Pair it with my red Stewart Weiztmen shoes with the bow and my outfit was complete.  Pile on the falsies and makeup.. and I am readay to partay!

Don't cha love the curls?
I decided on brown and gold eyeshadow, paired with pink lipstick (one of very FEW lipsticks that I have unfortunately) and painted my nails shimmery pink, which I totally love.. yay to SASA for last minute bargains!  Put on my brown/pink blush and drew my eyebrows and off I go.. I wanted to carry my gold clutch, but it was so small it wouldn't even fit my car keys, which I thought would be rather dangerous incase I lost it.. so I changed to my Louis Vuitton clutch bag.

I reached Toms at exactly 7pm, just before the rain came in.  The decoration of the place was awesome.. with 2 tables of 14 and 12 (26 guests) and there were draping on the ceiling (although I suspect that it's a permanent fixture there.. rather than just done for my party).. oh by the way, the party was held upstairs in Toms, private functions only!

Here's a few pictures of my friends who came to the party dressed in 'Cocktail' style
 








Sorry for the photo bombarding.. hahaha.. that's just all my friends who showed up at the party.  Dinner went without a hitch.. although I did wonder why everyone came with a Pandora gift for me.. it's a conspiracy!!!  HAHAHAHA.. but my darling friends all bought me a charm bracelet, with Phoebe and Sean buying me the bracelet to start the charms.. here's what I got:
1) Fleur De Lis
2) Fairy
3) Hedgehog
4) Crown
5) Dolphin
6) Suitcase
It was gorgeous.. thanks guys for them.
Love to my parents for having me (and paying for the party!).. I love them to bits and I'm forever grateful to them for everything that they've given me, and for loving me through the hell I've put them through - from angry teen to depressed adult.. 

Dinner was done at 9.30pm.. and we proceeded to KBox at the Spring for a night of karaoke fun!

Ahhh.. what a great way to usher in my birthday... thanks heap everyone for attending and making me feel special!
 

3 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday! Loved the dress and the hair! You looked great! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!! Though my arms look HUGE.. my hit the gym hard on when I'm in the USA!

      Delete
  2. Nice do! Like your comment about being forever grateful to your parents... whenever you feel depressed come back and read your own words about the amazing people around you!

    ReplyDelete