Monday 15 October 2012

Bitch and Moan...

I'm bored at work.. been a fruitful morning and I feel that I got my daily tasks done .. so I'm stuck here with nothing to do for now.. I could find something to do I guess..

But I'm gonna bitch here before I find other work to do.. hahaha.. I'm having trouble registering Activate as a business name... namely because the head Encik Iskander will not approve anything with the name 'Activate' in it.. so cross out Activate Lifestyle Corner as well.. frankly, I think he just wants to save the name for his own venture.. because they said "there's alot of Active out there already" (as in business names).. but google it dude.. there's NOTHING in Kuching.  Suspicious isn't it?

Anyway, I've engaged an accounting firm to help me with getting the license, and they are SLOW.. they send their office boy to be the runner and he goes out for the ENTIRE day.. so I don't get news on whether it's approved until end of the day, which by then I can't do anything until the next day.. which means another day is gone and wasted.. I KNOW from personal experience that it does NOT take that long to seek name approval.. in fact.. I did it myself yesterday and it took me 10 minutes!  I was so flustered when they didn't approve Activate that I blurted out "how about my name".. thinking I'll just register my name.. not knowing they registered it with "Lisa Ling Mei Sing Cafe".. sigh.. so I'm definitely not going to use that.. so I've relied back on the accounting firm to get it done.  I'm now looking to register Lisa and Company Trading and use Activate as my Trading Name.  

Why do I have to register a business?  So I can get suppliers to supply me things at wholesale rates!  And I would need a license to get Gatorade to put in fridge and supply me drink in my kiosk.. not to mention, it's illegal not to register the business.. hahaha

It's such a tedious process I'm finding.. first you have to find out if the name is registered, then after they approve your name, you need to get a chop with your address on it, the fill in the form, send it to them, they process it, and then you come and sign the business registration from and tadah..it's finally yours.. let's just say... 8 MORE DAYS TIL I LEAVE FOR USA!!! so it'll have to be done before so I can sign the sheet.. my partner is my sister and she'll be in confinement in 3 days, so no way will she be able to sign it.  

Calling the accountant every hour on the hour to see if their office boy is back.  The office closes at 3.30pm (slackers) so he definitely have to be back after that.. oh well, we'll see if the new name gets approved...
 

1 comment:

  1. Update! No go with Lisa and Company Trading.. trying Lisa Enterprise or Lisa and Company Enterprise now.. fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete