Wednesday 7 March 2012

Airline Companion 2

Omg omg omg.. Today I embarked on a 3 week journey to the United States of America.. I am so so so excited.. Too excited that on the way to the airport, I realized that I had forgotten to bring my second handphone (the hated Iphone!) so we had to turn back home to fetch it...


So excited that somehow I left one credit card at home.. The one that I used to pay for all my tickets.. This time there was no time to go home to get it.. Luckily, the kind people at Silkair were nice enough to bypass the security check protocol and checked me in without any issues.. phew.. 


Naturally, I asked for a window seat and I got it.  Was seated next to a guy who immediately took the arm rest.. excuse me.. I got there first!  And I was seating in front of this big hairy man.. Yes, I noticed it when I turned around to peek at who it was that kept disturbing the crew members.. It wasn't that he was rude or anything.. Just loud.. Like screaming for the Straits Times.


I like Silkair.. their crew people are really nice.. And the plane itself was nice and clean and I find it more spacious.


Now hear my peeve.. Why is it that people turn on their mobile phone the minute the plane hits the tarmac?  Do they not understand that mobile phone signals might affect the navigational system?  I mean the announcement on EVERY single flight that I've been on stresses that.. and what is so important anyway?  Yes folks, it's the big hairy man.. Wasn't like he was getting any phone calls and SMS the minute he turned it on anyway.. Can't he live without his phone for more than one hour?


Cryptkeeper, you were right about the food though.. We had three halves of egg and mayo sandwich.. One bite reminded me why I don't eat egg yolk.. hahaha


The flight to Narita and then to Los Angeles was pretty smooth and eventless... Just the way I like it!  Quite turbulent to Los Angeles.. at one point I CLIMBED over my sister who was seating next to me to get to the lavatory.. Only to be told to turn back to my seat because the seatbelt sign is so and "It is VERY dangerous".. to be honest.. the flight at that point was smooth as can be!  Anyway, I climbed back over my sister, sat back down.. only to have the seatbelt sign turn off at that exact moment.. Grrreeeeaaatttttt....


Oh, and I am glad to report, no creepy happenings at the transit hotel.. Those who can't remember, the last time I was alone in a transit hotel was in 2009.  I opened my eyes in the dark to see faces smiling and waving at me.. Oh my gosh I freaked out and spent the rest of the night with the lights on and the television blaring.. To this day, I don't know what I saw.. but I am willing to accept that it's hallucinations from alcohol withdrawal :)


We visited Santa Monica where we tried the ring toss again, hoping for another fluke like in 2009 and win a huge doll.. no luck tonight.. think we used up the luck in 2009.  
At the entrance of the Theme Park at Santa Monica

That dang ring toss game!



We then had dinner at Boa restaurant, which had the highest rating on Google!  The food was superb.. Kinda reminds me of Morton style serving.


Bone in ribeye... Yummyyyyyy.. with roasted garlic too!
On the ride back, we were totally conned by stupid Syrian driver who took us the long route. . Now I might not be a native, but first thing I usually do is observe my surroundings.. and I recognized the turn that he deliberately missed.. USD$20 trip became USD$75.. Damn Bastard!

3 comments:

  1. Excited to see your trip post - keep it up! Was this your first day when you went to Santa Monica? Pictures please! And don't forget food review and pics from Boa too :D

    LOL no picture of of the conman Syrian driver? (BTW are you sure it wasn't our chua conman driver from London in disguise???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, the day I landed in Los Angeles, we went to Santa Monica.

    Haha.. yes.. stupid driver from London.. they must be related!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL twins...

    Wow, your cam (Lau's SLR?) sure takes great night photos!

    ReplyDelete