Wednesday 21 March 2012

Monterey Bay Aquarium

On a fine sunny day, we took a 2 hour drive to Monterey Bay (Home of the clam chowder) which boasts one of the largest aquariums in USA.

We arrived at around 12pm.. after driving through masses of artichoke and strawberry fields.. Our first aim of the day was to go to the aquarium and have a look inside.. I had been to the aquarium before, so I wasn't as excited as the rest of the group.

 Just look at the awesome blue skies behind me.. it was a nice warm sunny day as well.. 

This aquarium boasts a few tanks.. the best one would be the deep sea tank.. where they have Garoupa like.. a meter long I reckon.. and I'm not exaggerating.. maybe they use magnifying glass.. I don't know.. but it's HUGE.. and blue fin tuna.. and this crazy looking fish called the 'Sun Fish'.. go Google it.. you'll see what I mean by 'crazy looking'.
Just look at the blue ocean.. if you're wondering.. that's a Sun Fish and a Blue Fin Tuna in that picture... hahaha.. and that's me.. starring at the crazy looking fish..

They have a Jelly Fish tank.. which was so fascinating.. although I must say.. they're creepy.. but PrincessBling managed to take a few awesome pics of them.
Too bad Jelly Fish stings can kill a person.. that's enough to give me a phobia on them.. but they're great for eating! hahaha..

Say hello to Mr Seahorse here.. of course he's a fake!  I doubt Sea Horses come in this size..but I must say.. there are some pretty funky Sea Horses.. like the leaf ones..Just take a look at the picture.. can you believe that that is really a seahorse??
 Poor fellow.. I can imagine him thinking life sucks looking like that.. then again.. it's a good camouflage for predators.


And thus was my day at the aquarium.


 

2 comments:

  1. Nice jellyfish pic! Gasp... So disapproving you say they are great for eating! Rofl!

    Eh I thought the seahorse so cute lei....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jellyfish.. yummy :D
    Seahorse.. great aphrodisiac apparently..

    ReplyDelete