Wednesday 7 March 2012

Disneyland - 26th February 2012

I am what they call a Disneyland Virgin.. Yes.. I have been on this earth for awhile now and I have never stepped foot in Disneyland.. Until today!
It was just as magical as I imagined.. it was majestic.. simply awesome.. Words cannot describe the emotions going through me.. it was like being a kid again and believing in Santa Claus.  I am not raving about the rides though.. they were a tad boring.. Then again, all the good rides had like huge lines.. and I didn't want to wait that long!  It was like standing in line for 45 minutes for a short ride!


Sat a couple of kiddie rides.. The haunted castle was NOT scary at all.. Pirates of the Caribbean was blah.. Although PrincessBling might attest to that!  I thought Universal Studio was way better in terms of exciting rides!
But here's what magical.. at 6.30pm.. the streets are cleared and they put on a Disney Parade!  I was so lost in my childhood that I almost cried when I saw the characters come out.. Mickey, Minney, Donald, Goofy.. Peter Pan, Disney Princesses.. They were all there!  The parade was simply beautiful..
And then at 8.45pm, The majestic Fireworks blasted off over Sleeping Beauty's castle.. it was called "Dreams come True" and had Julie Andrews as the voiceover... At one point during the fireworks, Tinkerbell flew across the sky in a superb bright lime green outfit.. it was simply awesome.


Left after the fireworks, with my souvenir of Tigger's Cup!  And my autograph book.. what's that?  Well, I had to get photos and signatures of characters that I found!  I found...


Tigger!
Egor!
Pooh Bear!
Wonder who I'll see tomorrow at Disneyland Adventure Park!!!  Oh yes, I took the Carousel today as well.. it was so much fun, remembering childhood times when we would sit the carousel in Singapore Zoo!

3 comments:

  1. Nice post! Love the parade picture, btw. Haha ya, the Japan version of Haunted Mansion was totally for seh-kia and not scary either... I swear the most exciting thing about J Pirates ride was how much the Jack Sparrow model looked like Johnny Depp was hiding and popping up every few seconds along the ride :D

    I liked The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and especially Space Mountain! Must go on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The line for Space Mountain was wayyyy too long.. haha.. so we sat at Buzz Lightyear's ride where we could shoot at things.. that was pretty fun!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you were a Disneyland virgin! The roller coasters for me were a definite must... Despite the long queues psyching you out... Ehh... How come Tokyo Disneyland dont have those freaky big Pooh and friends animals.... Love the pics! Keep it up dude! :D

    ReplyDelete