Wednesday 7 March 2012

Monkeyrun Redbull Challenge

So the Spring Shopping Mall collaborated with Redbull and brought in a mini obstacle course to test our skills.. They had jump, swing and climb.. pretty easy?  Oh no no no....


My company joined a team building exercise with the staff of the Spring where ten teams of five competed for the fastest time to complete all the obstacles.  I was team leader of team 9, affectionately known as Team George the Monkey!  Our slogan was "watch out for that TREE!"... I know I know.. original.. 


Watching team 8 go before me sure made me more worried about my turn!  Everyone seems to be falling through the gaps in the jumping obstacle!!  Without fail, when it was my turn, I too fell.. I got a second chance though and made it through!  Only to fall at the swings.. There goes my last chance... But I was lucky enough to get a third chance.. And Dammit.. I fell at the swings again.  So that was my run.. Rather disappointed that I didn't finish the challenge.. But it was tons of fun.. I enjoyed myself heaps.. and I wasn't shy about it, unlike the rest of the people that were more reserved.


At the end of the day, my staff are closer... And that is the reward that I get from that.. Who cares that I practically threw out my back on my first fall?  It was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment