Wednesday 14 March 2012

Hummer Trip

In order not to get caught drink driving, we hired a Hummer Limousine to take us around Napa Valley.  Boy was it a monster!

It sat all 9 of us comfortably, and could easily fit a few more people!  It was great being chauffeured around, without the worry of being caught drink driving!  So exciting that we were offered champagne the minute we climbed on board!


We stopped at Domaine Chandon and had lunch at their restaurant Etoille, which is a 1 Michelin Star restaurant!


Isn't the place just gorgeous?


I had the duck confit for lunch, which was absolutely lovely!
 Salmon... looks delicious!
We then went to Opus One winery, which sold great wines, but the year I wanted was out of stock, so I left empty handed.


We visited more and more winery before ending up in Safeway to buy groceries.. we were going to cook in our room for dinner..


Wait.. cook in a hotel room?  What nonsense is this?  Would you believe that when we stayed in Westin in Napa Valley, our suite came complete with a full kitchen and living/dining room??

It was a gorgeous hotel that made it feel more homey.. especially with home cook dinner of roast chicken and potatoes!

Here is where I think I left my Michael Kors trench that I just bought as well :(


1 comment:

  1. Serene! Wow, I can't say enough how beautiful and blue the sky over there is!

    ReplyDelete