Wednesday 21 March 2012

Airplane Companion 3

So yes, I'm on another long haul flight back to good ol' Kuching.. that includes a 12 hour flight from San Francisco to Seoul, and then another 6 hour flight from Seoul to Singapore... a 12 hour layover and then an hour and 20 minutes back to Kuching.. with the time difference.. I'm going to lose a day!

The flight from San Francisco to Seoul was pretty uneventful.. it was one of the smoothest flights ever.  Was seated next to two Korean men who were pretty quiet and didn't hog the arm rest!  Only rant would be about the guy sitting behind me who kept 'kneading' the back of my chair.. whether it was rummaging through the pockets to find some stuff or perhaps his legs were too long and his knees were digging into the back of my chair.. either way, I didn't appreciate the 'lower back massage' for 12 hours.

When we reached Seoul, the two Korean men ended their journey and I was joined by another 2 ladies from Singapore I'm assuming.. Mother and daughter.  Daughter was pretty spoilt.. immediately reclining her chair and plugging in her mobile phone to the charger and proclaiming out loud 'I am a racist'.. not sure why she was saying that.. think it had something to do with her mum mentioning that the plane was on a stopover from San Francisco.. either way.. I was glad when I accidentally hit her over the head with my jacket when I was putting my bag up in the baggage compartment! hahahaha

Itchy hands and knees man also ended his journey in Korea.. only to be replaced by a small boy who talked at the top of his lungs and immediately started kicking the back of my seat.  When food came, I so kindly put my chair back in the upright position only to have him say loudly 'Mummy.. I can't see the TV.. the lady in front put her chair up!'.. Sheesh.. no gratitude.


Had trouble with my connecting flight to Kuching with MAS.. I bought a return ticket but cancelled the first leg to Singapore.. (I personally went to the ticket counter to cancel it before I left for San Francisco, and was told my second leg ticket was fine!)  So imagine my surprise when they told me that they couldn't check me in because my entire ticket was forfeited as I didn't fly the first leg.. WTF.. I CANCELLED the first leg.. I didn't 'not show up'.. but they were insistent that I buy a new ticket.. saying that it's a 'return ticket'.. not a point to point ticket.. gee.. I thought all they sell now is point to point ticket.. so I had to spend RM1k on a new LAST MINUTE TICKET to Kuching.. fine.. it was a business class ticket.. but it was only RM200 more expensive.  They even told me that there was time.. they would remove my luggage (it was checked through to Kuching from San Francisco) if I didn't buy a new ticket.. HOW RUDE!  So if I didn't have a ticket originally.. how on earth did my luggage get checked through to Kuching?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment