Thursday 15 March 2012

Lake Tahoe! I just wanna Snowboard!

After Napa Valley, we continued our journey on to Lake Tahoe for 3 nights of freezing temperature!  Yes, we were on our way to go snowboarding!  For those who forgot, I caught the snowboarding bug in 2009 and would jump at any chance to go snowboarding.


We checked in to our 3 bedroom apartment, complete with fireplace and full fledge kitchen.  Then the kids went ice skating and we decided to have pizza and beer for dinner.. sigh.. forgot how big 'large' is in America.. should have stuck to 2 large pizzas rather than 3!


The next day, we went snowboarding.  The kids took skiing lessons and the older people took snowboarding lessons.  Boy was it fun.  The rest of the experienced snowboarders went off on our own before meeting up again for lunch.


I was snowboarding like a pro down the mountain!  I'm surprised that after a year's hiatus, I can still snowboard!  And this time, I found myself more confident on the slopes.  I had a bad fall last year and lost my confidence for awhile.  This time, there was no fear.  I was turning and skating and speeding.. what an adrenaline rush!


The next day.. it started snowing!  The kids were so excited because they have never seen snow before.
I decided not to snowboard and hung out with the kids and parents on the slopes.  PrincessBling and hubby ventured out in the snowstorm where they found the softest powder for snowboarding.  Come to think of it, wish I had gone out.. but I was lazy to go through the rental process again.


Snow is such a beautiful thing.. making everything it touches white.. it's so soft, so delicate.. it's awesome.
I love the snow.. I love snuggling in front of the warm fire place, toasting marshmallow and drinking hot chocolate (or drinking a nice vino or ice cold beer!)


It ended up snowing all day, much to all our delights.. dinner was Japanese (normal) and thus was the second day in Tahoe.


On our third day, we packed out stuff and headed back to San Francisco....

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo of you guys in the falling snow!!! :D

    Any pics of in action snowboarding? LOL what about the huge pizza and your apartment?

    ReplyDelete