Sunday 29 April 2012

I got to Move it Move it

Yes People.. after months of pestering from left, right and center, I've decided to start my exercise regime.  We just bought a new Elliptical machine.. which I have never seen until Saturday (we had it for a month already!).. only then did I find out what an elliptical machine was! hahaha.. 

Why are people pestering me to exercise?  To stay fit with a healthy mind I guess... anything to get out of depression I guess.  I used to be a gym junkie when I was working in Perth and Sydney.. when I moved to San Francisco, I got lazy.. and now.. I view the gym as the devil!

So anyway, since I signed up for a 10km marathon in Singapore on the 26th May 2012, I decided it's time to start training.
Brand new Elliptical Machine!
Firstly, as this is newly installed, I had no idea how to turn it on.. it took a few trial and error of clicking buttons to figure it out..
Secondly.. how on earth to do you set it on a workout mode?  I didn't know.. so I just got on it and did what was already set up.. ramp of 25 degrees .. highest was 30 degrees but I didn't know that.. so after 5 minutes on that thing.. I was dying!  Had to hop off and have a drink of water, before getting on for another 5 minutes.. then lying on the floor in agony for 10 minutes.. before pushing myself to do another 2 five minute intervals.. overall.. it took me 1 hour to complete 20 minutes of workout.. and 2 entire bottles of water.

Second day, I was more prepared.. I looked over the machine and found the term 'workout' on the screen.. selected it.. and went for the 'fatburning' mode.. mua ha ha.. I was surprised to find that this time, I could do 10 minutes before feeling like I was going to collapse.  Took a 5 minute break before getting on it for another 10 minutes.. boy I felt so proud of myself..

Today shall be 15 minutes non - stop!  And yes.. each workout is only 20 minutes long :)  Hope to increase it to 30 minutes next week.. and hopefully I will diligently continue to go on the elliptical daily (except when I'm in Manila!)

 Here's a picture taken of me getting ready to workout.. PrincessBling so kindly asked for a picture so I took this and sent it to her....

Only to have her reply "picture of the dogs.. not you!"  SIGH...

2 comments:

  1. ROFL! Picture of DOGS! XD I was wondering why PrincessBling asked for a picture of you... miss you too much maybe??? Oh well, good chance to cam whore hor?

    Great that you're going to gym now! Which reminds me I should use ours too since we're paying heaps for it.... but my excuse now... I'm sick! XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally give me a chance to cam-whore.. thought it was such a nice picture also! :P

      Delete