Friday 13 April 2012

Shopaholic and Me

I have a shopaholic streak in me.. I tend to buy without thinking.. and more often than not, end up regretting what I've purchased.. especially after I see my bank account.. 'WHY?'.. did you know that 'Shopaholism' is a form of a mental disease?  It's akin to hoarding behavior.. I do agree with it being a mental disease, because I find that my 'shopaholism' escalates when something happens (bad more often than good..) and when I'm stressed out.

So today, I went to SGH to see the doctor and get my medication.. and as usual, this procedure always makes me very stressed out.. from the waiting to the talking to the waiting for medication etc.. let's just say it's not fun.  The talking always stresses me out..makes me want to pull my hair out!

Pandora had a 'Tea Party' function today.. being a socialite, I had to show my face :D and met up with one of their Principals from Hong Kong (Ben, who's originally from New York City.. and before you all put comments on my blog.. No, I don't know if he's married, and NO, he did not try to pick me up and NO, I did not try to pick him up.. but boy.. what a cute accent :D )

But based on my emotional levels when I attended the party, I ended up RM1k in the red...
Yes, I left the store with 4 charms and 2 Murano beads for my blue collection bracelet.  I couldn't help myself.. and with Ben egging me on with his gorgeous accent.. I ended up with
  1. An airplane to signify my travels
  2. A strawberry.. simply because it's cute
  3. A pearl charm .. their new range that was simply gorgeous
  4. A blue separator just to add more bluenest to my bracelet
  5. A blue 'abstract heart' design murano bead
  6. A purple 'abstract heart' design murano bead that was given free for spending over RM799.
Aren't they gorgeous?  Okay, so maybe the picture is a little blur.. but that's the best I can do with my Blackberry camera!

7 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!! 1K on beads!!!! I'm shocked! Can buy your dream BCBG gown, man! I really like the pearl charm too! So cute! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. but I get ONE dress.. this one I got SIX items :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to say it, bro... you were totally duped by a dude and his accent...

      Delete
    2. Ugh.. Don't have to tell me twice! Damn accents.. Damn shopaholism as stress reliever.. DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUU

      Delete
  3. I think u need to chop up your credit card. Seriously. This is not cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean her credit cardSSSS? Man, you sound so annoyed!

      Delete
  4. As per CryptKeeper's suggestion by sending me a link on how to save money.. I shall literally FREEZE my credit cardsssss by putting it in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete