Tuesday 3 April 2012

Japan - Tokyo Day 5

Now this is the day that I've been looking forward to.. it's the day that we go to DISNEYLAND!!!!!!  I've gone from Disneyland virgin to Disneyland whore! hahaha.. but yeah, this is the second Disneyland I'm visiting in as many months.
Look how Windy it is!
Most spectacular than the one in Anaheim California!





I swear, all you could see were black heads.. because it was during Spring Break, and apparently, Japanese parents like to take their kids to Disneyland to build up their courage.  So when we went on a Friday, it was packed with Japanese families.. what I love about Disneyland is that it's so magical.. that little kids dress up as Princesses just to attend.

The one thing that they have in Japan that they didn't have in Anaheim is popcorn stands!  And they have popcorn in all different flavors..the weirdest I saw was curry popcorn!  Smelt weird too.. hhahaha.. 


We sat on the Western Train Ride (the only ride we got to do that day) where it was tame enough for my mum to ride.. it was great, gave us a view of the entire park, including Splash Mountain.  After that, it just got too packed that the minimum wait time for a ride was 120 minutes!  Sucks right?  So we decided to leave the park to go to the Shopping Mall for Ramen lunch (well I had steak!) and buy Japanese rice (yum) to bring home to Kuching.  Then we returned to the park with our heavy bags.. (8kgs of rice).. luckily the bus driver was in the bus and we were able to offload the goodies before heading back into the park.


The daily parade was held at 3pm and by 2pm, we saw masses of people sitting down, getting ready for the parade.. not wanting to miss out on a prime spot, we too sat down to wait.. in the hot blaring sun.  It was then that I decided that I wanted popcorn.. and I wanted to find one that gave the nicest bucket!  I walked like the entire park before I found the one I wanted.. Winnie the Pooh!  It's shaped like his pot of honey, and filled with honey popcorn.. which was actually quite nice.  Finished it before the parade even started.


Now the parade was simply magical.. they definitely had more characters than Anaheim.. only weird thing was that everything was sung in Japanese.. hahaha.. wasn't used to that at all!






They have Pocahontas!










I love it how they blast the music and people are dancing and singing along to it.. 


Well, after the parade, I headed straight to the shops.. there were so many of them.. I finally ended up with some stationery for the kids, a pair of slippers for my sis, a neck brace for my bro-in-law, and lots of tins of cookies.. just cause I like the tins! hahahaha


Everyone was exhausted by the time we met at the bus at 5.30pm.. headed straight to Narita where we had BBQ buffet.. hate those.. never know when my food is actually cooked.. a kind man on the tour bought each of us a slab of Kobe beef too!  Then we went in and checked in to our Narita Excel Hotel.  There, I had drinks (finally) with a few new friends I met on the trip, including a set of Identical Girl Twins.  Well, one of the twin came out... the older one was more reserved so she stayed in the room.


Anyway, that's it.. that's my 5 days in Tokyo.  Let's just say the flight home was SCARY.  We had all boarded on the plane, only to learn that the airport was closed due to strong winds.. it opened an hour later, and the pilot took off.. making a quick ascend to bypass the wind.. it was wilder than a roller coaster ride.. I was gripping onto my side handles so hard.. 


And this time, we got served authentic Japanese meals.. miso soup, pickles, Japanese rice, beef, soba noodles with HAAGENDAZ ICE CREAM!!!  OMG.. what plane now serves Haagendaz?  


Once we got through the winds, the flight was smooth and we spent the next 4 hours in KLIA Golden Lounge (thank goodness for Gold Enrich cards) before finally touching down in Kuching at midnight.


It was a great trip.. I truly enjoyed Japan.. and am now planning a trip to Hokaido for snowboarding.. any takers?

4 comments:

  1. Really, the Disney castle in Japan was nicer? :D Any pics of the Anaheim one for comparison?

    Haha the sky looked so grey and dreary - though I think the day we went was worse and it actually rained later, and the characters in the parade were wearing transparent raincoats over their costumes!!! LOL! BTW, can you imagine riding a roller coaster when it was super windy??? Super fun!

    Last time I think our wait for rides was long, but not THAT long! We spent our free time on the rides, rather than shopping :( but I guess it was going to be one or the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see the Anaheim on here http://www.google.com.my/imgres?imgurl=http://dlr1.wdpromedia.com/media/dlr_nextgen/MediaPlayer/home/alt/Home_alt.jpg&imgrefurl=http://disneyland.disney.go.com/&h=450&w=1000&sz=115&tbnid=PhMBb2aMPENksM:&tbnh=55&tbnw=123&zoom=1&docid=UvETNgp6OAdyuM&sa=X&ei=G-97T8_nAciUiQfcvKiOCQ&ved=0CH8Q9QEwAg&dur=63
      Looks like se-kia castle compared to the one in Japan..

      Delete
  2. ROFL... ya ya I agree... though I seriously don't think they would make huge boobs for Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Disney...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What big boobs??? Did I miss something? The picture can see meh? Tot look so flat!

    ReplyDelete