Sunday 23 September 2012

Exercising

I've been exercising like a mad woman the past 3 weeks.. all in the game of toning down to fit into my ball gown for the Tatler Ball.  Well, how is the results after 3 weeks?  Good news! I can actually clip the top of my dress together.. unfortunately.. as I'm no contortionist.. I'm having trouble reaching behind to zip up the dress.. and I'm not about to ask for help just yet.. don't wanna have people asking me why I bought such a small size etc.. 

I'm ecstatic!  My daily regime consists of 30 minutes on the Elliptical machine and 30 to 40 minutes of jogging on the treadmill, burning about 600 Kcals a day.. and I'm glad to report that on my 3rd week of exercising, I've finally met the benchmark of 2100 Kcals a week.  In fact, last week I pushed it to 2700 Kcals a week.. doing 600 Kcals more than the recommendation set by my watch for weight loss.  This just makes me want to work out more.

You know, they say it takes 21 days to start a habit.. and just one day to break it.. and I'm glad to say that I've been exercising for more than 21 days and I actually enjoy it!  I can't believe that I was so adverse to the gym just 3 months ago.  AlanHarperIsMyIdol has been telling me to exercise for months now, as I'm forever moaning about my weight.. and I use to tell her that I'm allergic to the gym :D

It's weird, because I was a gym bunny (oppose to snow bunny) for a few years when I was in Perth and Sydney.  I used to do Body Pump every other day, with Body Jam in the days between. Sometimes I would jump from Body Pump to Body Jam back to back in one day!  My body was fit!  Then I moved to San Francisco, and the thought of finding a gym got to wary.. and I made excuses not to go to the gym anymore.. what for?  The weight was still coming off (albeit unhealthily) and since then.. I've been against the gym for weight loss.

Of course, after putting back on all these weight.. and moving back to Kuching, under the watchful eye of my parents, it's hard to go back to my unhealthy ways of skipping meals.. and restricting since the food in Kuching is oh so good!  I'm finding it hard to shed the weight.. and AlanHarperIsMyIdol is right about the gym.. although it doesn't reflect on the scale.. it's sure reflecting on how I'm able to sorta fit in my dress. 

So PrincessBling and myself have made a pact, to stay fit and keep going with the exercise.  That means no slacking off after the Tatler Ball and definitely no slacking while I'm in USA.  We're going to be gym buddies, egging each other on (not literally...)

So I've been starring at the mirror at myself and my body transformation, and when strutting the catwalk (yes.. I strut!) I can see belly jelly.. which is totally gross.. so now.. I want to get this to tone up that area..
It's an Ab-Wheel.. and I used a similar item before WAYYYYYYY back in Christchurch and I must say.. it definitely works the core muscle!  

Now having a juice bar in the gym might be a motivation for me to try some of their classes!  I heard about one class that works your core to the max.. and I'm willing to give that a try.. now only to see if I can get free membership to the gym :D
 

4 comments:

  1. Update! I bought the Ab Roller for RM43.50! Gonna start rolling my way to fabulous Abs! Although the guy at the store did tell me it was really difficult, and if it were up to him, he would just do situps :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on fitting into the dress! :) aiyah phaiseh phaiseh... U taking advice about gym from someone who also refuse to go! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. hoping that seeing my progress, you'll be motivated to go.. or better yet, get yourself a polar watch to track heart beat (highly recommended) so you'll have to go to the gym to workout, otherwise you'll waste your money on a purchase.. and what would Alan say about that?

      Delete
    2. Alan say should never buy the Polar watch at all! Waste money when I should be saving it for "old Alan"! XD

      Delete