Tuesday 4 September 2012

What's in the Pipelines

It's now September.. 3/4 of the year has flown by so quickly and I can't believe that soon we'll be in the year 2013.  So many things has happened this year...
  1. Olympics 2012 - Malaysia won one silver and one bronze medal
  2. I touched down in Greece, a dream place of mine to visit
  3. I went to America and Japan in a matter of one month
  4. I met up with my counselor and psychiatrist in America who treated me in 2009
  5. I've set up several processes in the company.. 
  6. I've finished my very first 10km marathon within 2 hours!
Wow.. that seems quite little.. hahaha

But the rest of the year looks fuller with several things that's gonna happen.

Birthday Overseas Experience

Well, I will be flying to America on 24th October to celebrate my turnkey birthday with PrincessBling in San Francisco.  We've already planned to remain fit and not overindulge in all the good food that San Francisco has to offer.  I won't say that I won't binge.. but at least it's just a 3 week holiday! We made a pact to hit the gym daily.  Things that I'm looking forward to are:
  • CRABS!  San Francisco Crab House has dungeoneous crabs that are simply to die for!  They grill the legs in butter, oil, garlic and peppercorn.  DROOLZ.
  • Lake Tahoe!  Am visiting my best pals there and we're going to drink, gamble and chat til the morning sun come out.  We're also planning Champagne Brunch there to celebrate our birthday.
  • American Breakfast - yes.. bacon and eggs!
  • Simply chilling out and hanging out with ma sista, chatting with a nice bottle of wine.. sorry sis.. for me, it's QUALITY, not QUANTITY..
  • Napa Valley - we're planning on trying French Laundry as a treat to ourselves.. a once in a lifetime experience at a 3 star Michelin restaurant.
  • Meeting up with Bro-In-Law's friends and colleagues
  • EATING EATING EATING
Golly.. hope I can achieve that all in 3 weeks! 

Gym Juice Bar

Yes, I've followed PrincessBling's footsteps and am forging into the world of F&B.  Uncle Dan is opening a gym called Phoenix Gym and I'm doing the juice bar there.  Don't quite have a name for it yet though.
I'm following Boost Juice's concept, selling smoothies with added supplements for those who wants it. I'm also selling wheatgrass juice and normal fruit juices, like apple and orange.  But what puts me above all other juice bar is that I will be treating this like a cafe.  I'm serving healthy food like grilled ham sandwiches, maybe some healthy wraps.. and I'll be serving coffee as well.
Due Date of this?  Hopefully by the end of November 2012.  Or beginning of December will be better for me since I'm only back from America on the middle of November.

Standard Chartered 2012 Marathon Singapore

Yes!  Participating in my 2nd Singapore Marathon, to be held on 2nd December 2012.  I've joined the 10km women's category and I'm just hoping that the cutoff time for the finisher's medal is 2 hours.  I've started training for it, and I hope to beat my first time by 15 minutes and finish in 1 and a half hours!  
Not sure how I'll last in this one as it's a morning run, not a night run, so you can expect it to be really hot.

I've actually joined the Penang Bridge marathon too, but I'll be just arriving from USA, so I don't think I can participate in that one.

Tatler Ball 2012

I'm taking my niece, Valerie with me this time.  She's a budding fashion designer, and I hope that by taking her with me to this socialite dinner, she might just find the right person to help her launch her designs!  If not.. well, it'll be fun mingling anyway.  I'm just sad that PrincessBling won't be joining me this year.

Koko's Wedding!

Last but not least, is my ex-colleague, dear friend's wedding at the end of November in Singapore.  Good luck and all the best to him and his wifey.


Well there you have it.. that's what's in the pipeline for the rest of the year.  What's in the pipelines for next year?  Hahaha.. I have plans already.. but none of them are concrete at this point.  But there's things like... expansion of juice bar, trip to Australia and New Zealand, more marathons... more traveling.. more more more! hahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment