Monday 10 September 2012

I NEED THIS!

As you all know, I am the proud owner of a new Polar FT60 Heart Rate Monitor.. I love it to bits because it tells me how much calories I've lost in an exercise session, and best of all, it tells me my heart rate, so I know how to try to exercise at 85% of maximum heart rate to burn the most calories.

I feel great after each workout as I know how much calories I have burnt (accurately) and knowing the actual figure give me a great sense of achievement.. 

But alas, my spending problem is rearing it's ugly head.  As per my blog title, I NEED THIS:
I bet many of you are wondering what the heck that is!  It's a Polar Foot Pod I say... as if that explains everything.  Hahaha.. it's a gadget (yes, I'm a gadget freak!) that you clip on to your shoe lace, and it accurately tracks your running speed and distance.  That's exactly what I need for my marathon training.

As you all know, I'll be running another 10km at the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2012 on the 2nd December 2012.  I've been in training, doing 30 minutes on the elliptical (with maximum incline of 25 degrees) and 40 minutes on the treadmill (maximum incline of 7 degrees).  I'm only running at a speed of 3.5km per hour at the moment.. and I plan to increase that to 6km per hour or more.  But it's hard to track it on the machine as they're not that accurate.

This foot pod is more accurate, telling me how fast I'm running, and how far I've ran.  So now, when I run 40 mins, I can roughly estimate the distance that I've run (the treadmill tells me only 1.5km - so not true!).

I can get this Foot Pod from Lelong.com.my for RM324 with free delivery.. my fingers are telling me to get it.. but my head is telling me to not spend that money.. I don't know what to do!  I feel that it will be beneficial for my training, but is marathon something that I want to continue doing?  I training going to be a norm for me?  Am I really going to spend RM1k on my training (including the price of the heart rate monitor)?

For now, my thoughts are that I will continue going to gym for as long as it takes, though once I reach my target I probably won't be going as frequently.  Weekends are a must to work out though.

So please help me.. do I buy the Pod?

8 comments:

  1. Hell no! Don't waste money, dude! (It's so not cute - I thought it was a taser. ROFL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. not gonna get it because of cuteness factor.. getting it for getting fit and training!

      Delete
  2. NOOOOO!!! Save money!!! What's wrong with the treadmill given distance? LOL I thought the pod was a mouse...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because a treadmill tells me that I only ran 1.5km in 30 minutes.. which is not possible!!!! I have to start training .. running 10km accurately!

      Delete
  3. Definitely don't waste the money. Why do you need to track how far you are doing? The goal is to just gain stamina so you can run 10km! Just time yourself, which is was your expensive polar watch is doing for you. If you can do a workout for 1 hour, chances are you can easily do 10km.

    BTW.. RM324 can get you.... atleast 4 sterling silver charms from Pandora... a return ticket to and from Singapore... a branded dress on sale here in US (hey I bought a Vera Wang for less than that!).... a few cool outfits to update your wardrobe... need i continue???

    DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THAT!!!! Girl, I swear I'm gonna cut up your credit card when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello.. RM324 can get you two Pandora in Kuching if you're lucky! No where near a return ticket from Singapore.. but branded dress.. ooo.. hahahaha..

      Delete
    2. Wooo PrincessBling you go girl!!! I don't think ChanelFan has quite cut up all her credit cards yet, so you probably have to do it for her...

      Delete
    3. Woi.. already made to cancel my credit cards lah.. only left with 3 :D

      Delete