Tuesday 25 September 2012

My Vices...

I have one vice.. and that's alcohol.. fortunately.. I'm not a smoker.. nor do I have a gambling addiction.. but this one vice is enough to destroy....
I'm on a health kick right now.. and all it takes is one night of binging to cause havoc.. and that sucks.. but I can't seem to let go of drinking completely.  I've cut back a considerable amount of alcohol consumption already in a bid to lose the weight and fit into my dress.. but there's that occasional urge that draws me back to the dark side.. 

Alcohol.. my foe and my friend.. 
Heineken is my beer of choice, chosen because of it's smooth taste and thirst quenching qualities.. nothing is better than an ice cold beer on a hot Kuching day.

I get days when halfway during work, I just get this great sense of wanting to drink.. I don't know what it is.. but it's different from the urges to just drink water or orange juice or whatever.. it's that need to have something with alcohol in it..  and it won't go away until I get my hands on a cup of ice cold beer.. weird isn't it?

What do I love about alcohol?  I love how it makes me braver and more at ease on making conversation with people.. with alcohol.. I don't just sit there silently, waiting for someone to talk to me.. I actually start conversations.  I love how I lose all inhibitions after a drink (well okay.. not ALL inhibitions) but I just like how I can loosen up.. and relax.. and not think about anything else.. although these days, I'm thinking about the amount of calories in a beer and how hard I have to work out just to lose the calories of ONE beer! hahaha

Maybe I should add another vice..  shopping!  I'm so jealous that PrincessBling is able to find all these bargains on nice clothes.. I hope she'll start thinking about me the next time she finds a bargain dress :D

6 comments:

  1. Haha I thought you gonna come here and shop yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your "urge" to drink alcohol is totally like my urge for caffeine... once the very thought of a coffee enters my mind it won't go away until I get my hands on one!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha.. caffeine dependant vs alcohol dependant..

      Delete
  2. Wonder if GPs in Kch prescribe Campral? Helps alcohol abstinence, dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah.. heard of that.. makes you puke if you take a sip or something right?

      Delete
    2. That's disulfiram and can be quite dangerous so is not widely used anymore. Campral reduces cravings and is quite well tolerated but doesn't work for everyone.
      Naltrexone reduces cravings and you won't get so much pleasure from drinking.

      Delete