Tuesday 11 September 2012

My Juice Bar

Something fun coming up in the pipeline is my Juice Bar.  It will be opening upon my return from San Francisco, USA, so sometime between 18th November 2012 onwards.. depending on how long it will take me to set up..  don't worry.. I'm going to be setting up before going to San Francisco.

So where exactly is the Juice Bar?  It's going to be located in Phoenix Gym, near Foochow Road.  For those wondering, its that modern looking building designed by DNA, that's black in color.  I will be located on the mezzanine floor.

So what sorta juice bar and I doing?  Well, it's more of a cafe style loungey area, where people can go and relax after a hard workout.  It's going to be open to non-gym members as well, so pretty much anyone who needs to chillax and is in need of great juice can come to enjoy.  I have so much vision for this juice bar, I'm just not sure if it's worth all the investment or not.. because let's face it, my main customers are going to be gym goers, and it all depends on the success of the gym!

But I'm going to mimic (I won't say steal!) the concept of Boost Juice (or Jamba Juice in USA), whereby I'll provide fresh juices (apple, oranges, carrots) or smoothies.  I have already ordered the following purees: Mango, passionfruit, strawberry, summer berries and blueberries.  Why puree?  Simply because they last longer, and you can't get the actual fruits here.. besides, all will be pureed in the blender anyway.

What sets me aside, is that I'm doing Cafe style.. which means that I'll be serving coffee as well... I've just made my coffee machine purchase and am putting the downpayment for it today!  Being a cafe, I have to serve food as well.  Being in a gym, healthy light food is my goal.. and what pops into mind, is a good ol ham and cheese panini, cold chicken salad panini etc.. why panini?  No idea.. just goes well in a sandwich I suppose!  I already have a panini supplier (Tom's Restaurant) and now I have to find out whether it's a Halal location.. if so.. I have to find turkey ham, and good cheese... not any old 'singles' cheese squares.  I plan to make a trip to Cold Storage one of these days to see if they can provide me with these things.. oh.. and rocket leaves and salad (sprouts) etc.. 

I'm so excited about this investment of mine.. I just hope to sustain the juice bar (hey, who wouldn't mind a couple thousand extra income per month?)  Things I still need to get includes:
  1. A blender (estimate costs RM1900)
  2. Tables and Chairs? (need to see if it's provided)
  3. Cups for the juices/smoothies/coffee
  4. Plates for the sandwiches
Not to mention finding workers... wow, it seems that I have alot to do this September and October before jetting off to the U. S. of A.!

No comments:

Post a Comment