Thursday 20 September 2012

Shopping for my Juice Bar!!!

Now before you all yell at me for shopping when I'm literally on a shopping ban (imposed by loved ones all around me).. this is for INVESTMENT PURPOSES.. you gotta spend to make.. no?  I love looking at all the little knick knacks that I wanna (shoulda woulda coulda?) get for the bar.. but I know I know.. only the essentials first.. I can always decorate later.

So these are the few items that I've purchased for my juice bar (that's lying in dust at my house waiting for the day that it'll be used)

Juicer
Of course.. being a juice bar, the juicer is one of the most important tool to have, which was why that was my first purchase.  I'm going for quality rather than speed, so I decided to get the latest technology of juicer that was out in the market.
Oscar Neo DA1000 Electric Juicer
Ain't that one funky looking juicer?  I had to get this specially shipped in from Kuala Lumpur because it wasn't available in Kuching (when I bought it.. it's only now being introduced in Kuching), but this is a fruits AND vegetable juicer, which means that it's perfect for wheatgrass as well.  This technology twists the fruit/vegetable instead of blending it, which means that more juice is actually extracted from the fruit/vegetable, giving you more value for your money.  The only thing is that it's slower than an actual old school juicer.

Egg Boiler
A what you ask? Egg Boilers!  I decided to serve soft boil eggs with toast for breakfast at the gym (ahh.. breakfast of champions) and can now incorporate hard boil eggs for panini sandwiches as well.  I absolutely LOVE Groupon.. this one I actually saw on Groupon Singapore, so I got a friend to help me purchase two units.
Yoei Electric Egg Boiler
Ain't it so cute?  It cooks up to 6 eggs at one time, you can choose soft boil and hard boil and you can even steam egg custards.  Not that I'll be serving that.. but you never know.  Now the problem is figuring out how to take it back to Kuching.. wondering if my bro can help me out as he's going to Singapore soon..

Griller
To toast a Panini perfectly, you need a sandwich griller.. so you get the actual toast marks on top of the bread that makes it a Panini!  So.. instead of using Groupon, my sister found a griller selling on Mydeals.com for RM88!  Bargain right?  If it spoils, no big loss.. and I'm sure it would last awhile.. unless if I'm doing VOLUMES AND VOLUMES AND VOLUMES of panini.. which I hope to be doing in time to come.. but not immediately.
3 in 1 Sandwich Griller
That's the 3 in 1 sandwich griller that I got.. I'm just going to use the flat ones to toast the Panini, as you can see in the picture most right.. a perfectly grilled panini!  In time, I want to progress to those prettier looking grillers :P

Blender
I need a blender to make my smoothies, and I know how noisy they can be and how fragile they can be, so my niece introduced me to the Buffalo brand blender which she currently uses and swears by.  She says it's quiet and it blends up a storm!  Perfect!!  Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of the Buffalo Blender online...
Blender
This is the prettiest picture of a blender that I can find online.. hahaha. I'm hoping that it'll look something like this, and I'm arranging to buy a second container so I can do two smoothies after another instead of doing one and washing and doing again.

These are the stuff that I've purchase/will purchase.. currently I'm eyeing a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker as well because I need it to make my frozen yogurt for the smoothies.. I'm just going to keep the culture and make it myself.. I mean.. one kg of yogurt from Easiyo is already going to set me back RM17.90 and 24 hours.. if I can buy plain old yogurt from Takiong and put in my flavoring while freezing it.. brilliant.. however, I found this machine is selling for RM800 in KL.. is it worth the spend?

I also bought a stick-on blackboard that I can stick to the walls of the gym and write down my menu with chalk as it changes daily.. it's so awesome.. thank you Groupon!

I will need to buy a freezer to store my frozen yogurt, and I have to make sure that my puree is not water based as it will turn to ice when I freeze it.. if it is, I'll have to get a fridge for it.

Aside from all this stuff.. I have to see if I have to get the furniture.. if I do, I want to get a comfortable couch with a low table, where people can sit and read a magazine while enjoying their juice, and a few tables and chairs where they can eat their panini and eggs n toast.  I just want a really chillax cafe environment, and I hope that I can achieve that..

Other than that.. it's manpower that I have to source, and that will be the hard part..

Stay tuned.....

3 comments:

  1. Do I get free drinks and food??? :P I gave you plenty of free juices before! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi may I know whee did you buy the Oscar Neo juicer from and did you get taxed when shipped to Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I actually got it from a shop in KL , you can check it out at http://www.purehealth.com.my/products/products/juicers.html. Therefore you won't get taxed when they ship it to you.

      Delete